Just spent a very entertaining week in Germany. I got to attend COMSOC 2010 which was a great experience! I came away with some new ideas for work and some (possibly) new co-authors. I don’t have any really good pictures from the trip but I’ll get something up here eventually.
I just got done migrating the lab’s website over to our new home at http://www.csr.uky.edu/twiki/bin/view/AILab . Its looking good but it was a struggle to get Twiki to do what I wanted at some points. The WYSIWYG thats built into the current Twiki keeps not parsing its own markup correctly. It makes some of the pages very hard to update.
I want to keep a more current record on this blog of what I am working on so here goes. After the website update I am preparing a submission for AAMAS. Its going to be based around our probabilistic tournament results which I need to clean up and add a more compelling story. I am also working with Tom (an undergrad) on generating natural language interfaces for MDPs. This is a lot of writing on my part as Tom is doing most of the coding right now. We came up with some good algorithms but we need a pretty good amount of software to test them. For some reason he got the coding and I got the writing…. yeah! I am also in the planning stages of a nice empirical paper for some stuff I saw at COMSOC.
Its a good time; just lots of work!