Welcome to the personal and professional website of Nicholas ( Nick ) Mattei.
Previously a Ph.D student at the University of Kentucky (UK) working with Dr. Judy Goldsmith on AI and Complexity Theory.
In the way olden days I worked for the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) designing embedded hardware and software flight systems for nano-satellites.
In another life I drove trucks full of carnival prizes all over central Kentucky and Indiana … you don’t know fun till you’ve delivered several hundred pounds of stuffed animals to shooting booths at remote county fairs.
I can be reached at: Nicholas.<last-name>@nicta.com.au OR ns<last-lame>@gmail.com. Remember to substitute between the angle brackets!
Some photos from living upside down (turn monitor over for full effect).
- Dec. 2014: Along with Erdem Esra I am organizing the joint Doctoral Consortium to be held at ADT 2015 and LPNMR 2015.
- Oct. 2014: I’m teaching COMP4418: Knowledge Representation and Reasoning at UNSW with Morri Pagnucco and Michael Thielscher.
- Sept. 2014: A big update over at the PrefLib site with more data and more tools!
- Aug. 2014: Haris Aziz and I will be giving a tutorial on Computational Social Choice December 1st at PRECAI 2014.
- May 2014: New paper How Hard Is It to Control an Election by Breaking Ties? with Nina Narodytska and Toby Walsh was accepted at ECAI 2014.
- April 2014: New paper Fixing a Balanced Knockout Tournament with Haris Aziz, Serge Gaspers, Simon Mackenzie, Paul Stursberg, and Toby Walsh was accepted at AAAI 2014.
- April 2014: New paper Voting with Rank Dependent Scoring Rules with Judy Goldsmith, Jerome Lang, and Patrice Perny was accepted to AAAI 2014.
- March 2014: New paper Voting with CP-nets using a Probabilistic Preference Structure with Cristina Cornelio, Umberto Grandi, Judy Goldsmith, Francesca Rossi, and K. Brent Venable accepted to COMSOC 2014.
- Feb. 2014: Along with Nina Narodytska, K. Brent Venable, and Toby Walsh, I am organizing the 1st Workshop on Exploring Beyond the Worst Case in Computational Social Choice at AAMAS 2014.
- Jan. 2014: Check out the new site for the Optimization Research Group @ NICTA which Victor Pillac and I coordinated and rolled out.
- Aug. 2013: Our video “Algorithmic Decision Theory @ NICTA” has won the Best Educational Video Award at the IJCAI 2013 Video Competition.