Welcome to the personal and professional website of Nicholas ( Nick ) Mattei.
Previously a Ph.D student at the University of Kentucky (UK) working with Dr. Judy Goldsmith on AI and Complexity Theory.
In the way olden days I worked for the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) designing embedded hardware and software flight systems for nano-satellites.
In another life I drove trucks full of carnival prizes all over central Kentucky and Indiana … you don’t know fun till you’ve delivered several hundred pounds of stuffed animals to shooting booths at remote county fairs.
I can be reached at: Nicholas.<last-name>@nicta.com.au OR ns<last-lame>@gmail.com. Remember to substitute between the angle brackets!
Some photos from living upside down (turn monitor over for full effect).
- Oct 2014: I’m teaching COMP4418: Knowledge Representation and Reasoning at UNSW with Morri Pagnucco and Michael Thielscher.
- Sept. 2014: A big update over at the PrefLib site with more data and more tools!
- Aug 2014: Haris Aziz and I will be giving a tutorial on Computational Social Choice December 1st at PRECAI 2014.
- April 2014: New paper Fixing a Balanced Knockout Tournament with Haris Aziz, Serge Gaspers, Simon Mackenzie, Paul Stursberg, and Toby Walsh was accepted at AAAI 2014.
- April 2014: New paper Voting with Rank Dependent Scoring Rules with Judy Goldsmith, Jerome Lang, and Patrice Perny was accepted to AAAI 2014.
- Aug 2013: Our video “Algorithmic Decision Theory @ NICTA” has won the Best Educational Video Award at the IJCAI 2013 Video Competition.